- Mission Team: The mission planning for the church is achieved by the Mission Team, under the oversight of our Senior Pastor and the Pastor of LIfegroups and Missions. The Mission Team meets the second Wednesday of each month at 4:30 to discuss all upcoming mission action projects. The Mission Team is made up of people with a demonstrated heart for missions and is a working team. Its major purpose is to promote a missional mindset in the church and to give ways for that mindset to be expressed. Members of this team are selected by the pastoral staff. At present the members of the Mission Team are Alex Case (co-director), Mike Buckner (co-director), Teresa Cooper, Joel Deason, Jennifer Acuff, Bobby Anderson, Wes Burton, and Kelly Parkison
- Mission Projects
- Each year the Mission Team will make a mission action plan recommendation to the Pastoral staff. The approved recommendation will be presented to the church in November preceding the year of the plan. This plan is not a limiting plan but a recommendation of possible projects. If someone wants to organize and lead another project not included in the recommended plan, they are encouraged to present the project to the Mission Team in September or October of the year preceding their planned project. (Link to 2017 Mission Card)
- Mission Project Proposal: Submit the following forms to the Mission Team. You will need to contact the Pastor of Lifegroups and Missions to set up a meeting with the Mission Team.
- Mission Partners: The Mission Team will recommend to the Pastoral staff a list of mission partners and will also recommend how SSBC will support and participate in these missions. At present the mission partners of the church can be found here.
- You can participate in and be informed about the missions of the church at https://www.facebook.com/SSBCMissions/