What We Believe
- We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old Testament and New Testament are the inerrant, inspired, infallible Word of God. God’s Word is the final authority for faith and life.
- We believe there is only one God, and He has chosen to reveal Himself as God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe man was created in the image of God and that the sin of Adam (the first man) marred that image, creating an eternal divide between God and man.
- We believe the only way a person can have a true, forgiven relationship with God is through Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary and conceived by the Holy Spirit. Jesus became man without ceasing to be God. Our right standing with God is made sure because of His literal, physical resurrection.
- We believe in the literal, physical return of Jesus to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe God offers eternal life as a free gift and that it must be received by faith alone through God’s grace alone. The life that comes from this gift is a permanent possession of the one receiving it.
- We believe the church of the Lord Jesus Christ is a local body of baptized believers on mission to enlarge God’s kingdom. The local church is autonomous, free of any external authority of control.
- We believe Jesus instructed His followers to remember His death and resurrection. He gave the church two visible symbols or ordinances as reminders. These two ordinances are baptism and the Lord's Supper.
For a more detailed explanation of our beliefs, click to read the Baptist Faith & Message (2000) as laid out by the Southern Baptist Convention.